— Good news! Our volunteer programme is in place starting 1 June 2023. We now accept volunteer applications. To thank you for your patience, we offer you 10% discount if you book via this site in June, July and/or August 2023! —
Apply for volunteer work at The Lions Foundation
Reservations will only be confirmed when your application is approved, and a non-refundable 10% deposit is received.
As we work with potentially dangerous animals and the accommodation is built on a hill, we regret that we cannot approve applications from physically and/or mentally less-abled people.
You can currently volunteer with us for a minimum of one week, starting on a Tuesday or Thursday. We do value long-term commitment, so the longer you stay, the more responsibilities you can get and the cheaper the rate. We cannot guarantee availability on the dates of your choice, but if your application is approved, we will do our best to accommodate you.
Rates are in South African Rand. Please note that the rate in Euro and Dollar is only an indication. Please check the rate in your currency, as values fluctuate.
|1 week||ZAR16000||(ca €810)||(ca $865)|
|2 weeks||ZAR25000||(ca €1265)||(ca $1350)|
|3 weeks||ZAR32000||(ca €1620)||(ca $1730)|
|4 weeks||ZAR38000||(ca €1923)||(ca $2055)|
|5 weeks||ZAR44000||(ca €2230)||(ca $2380)|
|6 weeks||ZAR49000||(ca €2480)||(ca $2655)|
Every following, extra week is ZAR5000
The price of the volunteer programme includes:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Tea, coffee and water
Not included in the price:
- Travel expenses (international and local flights)
- Transfers from and to Johannesburg airport
- Health, travel and cancellation insurance
- Transport to, entry and accommodation costs should you visit another nature reserve during or after your stay
- Other drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Snacks and personal food items
To apply, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (in English) with the following info:
Country of residence
1. Are you traveling alone or as a couple/group?
2. Have you volunteered before? If yes, where and when?
3. Do you have any health issues which may affect you during your stay?
4. Do you have any dietary requirements?
5. Do you have any special skills or expertise which may be of help?
6. Around which date would you like to start volunteering?
7. How long would you like to stay?
8. Why do you want to do volunteer work, and specifically why at The Lions Foundation?
9. Additional message
Thank you! We’ll get back to as soon as possible.
April 2023 Yesterday we had to say goodby to Bakari. The vet made sure he passed away peacefully,...
April 2023 Today was the big day for IWAN and DRAGO. Because they feel so at home and know...
April 2023 Today the tigers from Stichting Leeuw arrived at The Lions Foundation: Iwan, Drago and...